Visual code walk through
Ray is working on a visual code walk through.
General evaluation strategy for these demos:
- ‘Would anyone want to use this?’
- E.g., in the case of Emacs “learn X in Y” demo.
- If there is interest, work up to covering the HtDP book
- MAUDE framework.
- You describe your programming language using rewrite rules in K. They define tools to auto-derive rules in K.
- Program slicing
- ‘Galois connection on the traces’. This allows you to find where bugs appeared. People tend to look in the most recent. Imagine a call-graph of all the variables, so it gives you a minimum trace, showing where your bug can be found.